Active Matter was founded in 2018 to help ambitious clients create brand defining product experiences. Things people like, and need, and use, and love. We specialise in human centred design and help both established companies and freshly minted start-ups to solve important design challenges and build better products. No red-tape, no death by PowerPoint, no bullsh*t. Just incredible work with a great attitude.
After a successful first year working across healthcare, manufacturing, education, retail and fitness we’re now looking to scale our team.
This is an incredible opportunity for a talented and experienced designer to join us, initially working across our portfolio of clients and projects, with a view to building and leading a new design cell by the end of 2019.
The successful person will have demonstrable experience in leading the design work on projects for large, multinational companies, while also possessing the skills and desire to get stuck in at the coal-face and make sure we're delivering against our promise.
You will be:
- excited by great design and able to connect it to business performance
- turned on by making an impact and building a legacy
- open to new possibilities and insights, from anywhere
- able to perform at a high level in pressured situations
- comfortable delivering exceptional work, not just directing it
- able to lead both colleagues and clients and inspire them to excel
You will have:
- A strong understanding of human-centred design techniques
- An excellent working knowledge of the latest design and prototyping software
- 5+ years' experience leading design work for multinational brands
- Outstanding communication skills
- A strong and varied portfolio showcasing your ability to craft beautiful interfaces and present complex information in a simple way
- Experience of Lean UX and/or GV Design Sprints (desirable)
- The ability to travel from time to time as the job requires
As well as a competitive salary, you will be exposed to challenging work, responsibility and autonomy.
Due to the level we’re looking for and the impact we expect, equity may also be considered a part of the package.