UI/ Front End Developer
Active Matter was founded in 2018 to help ambitious clients create brand defining product experiences. We work with established companies and freshly minted start-ups to solve important design challenges and build better brands, products and services. No red-tape, no death by PowerPoint, no bullsh*t. Just incredible work with a great attitude.
We're looking for an experienced UI developer to work closely with our design team to build beautiful user interfaces, on work ranging from building components for global design systems, to crafting magical micro moments for brand new mobile products.
You’ll be a UI developer, with a keen eye for UX and design to ensure our work both looks great and performs well. You love making things move and putting the right level of craft into something to make the experience better for the user.
This role will really make a difference and provide significant growth potential for the right person, and our business.
You will have experience working within an agency or product start-up environment and will be able to self-start, working well with designers to create the best possible experience.
- Strong CSS3, responsive design and animation experience
- Strong working experience with Vue.js or React
- Strong knowledge of Git (GitHub) and deployment processes
- Expert knowledge of Sketch / Zeplin / InVision Studio (or similar design and prototyping software)
- An ability to integrate with various API's of different types
You might be the sort of person who…
- Creates open source projects to help others
- Plans their work on paper
- Spends a little bit of extra time in order to get that animation just right
- Fixes bugs in open source projects to help others
- Checks yarn outdated regularly
As well as a competitive salary and the benefits of joining a young, dynamic team, you'll get:
- A team of people who genuinely care about what they do and the work they produce
- A generous learning and development budget per employee per year
- Opportunities to make a difference in a nimble, highly productive environment
- Exposure to a huge variety of work, from business operations to internal products to global design challenges for multinational brands
- The opportunity to forge your own career path within a new, highly ambitious company